Greek Pimiento Burgers
Take a summer food vacation to Greece by combining all of the signature flavors in a tasty, grilled burger! These burgers can easily be made with beef, bison, or even lamb for a truly authentic experience. Ground meat is combined with the salty tang of feta cheese and pimientos, which are simply small pieces of red cherry pepper cured in brine. If you can’t find pimientos, you can use roasted red peppers either made fresh or from a jar that are diced into small bits.
Tzatziki sauce is a condiment used often in Greek cuisine. I’ve used many of the same components in the traditional sauce to make a complimentary cucumber yogurt sauce for these burgers that provides a burst of extra creamy deliciousness to highlight the cultural tasting experience.
Zucchini slices are lightly brushed with olive oil and grilled for a healthy low carb alternative to a bun. Other non-bun alternatives you could use include lightly grilled slices of summer squash, eggplant, sweet potato, tomato ends, or lettuce wraps. Finish topping these burgers with the cucumber yogurt sauce, spinach, tomato, and Kalamata olives for a uniquely Greek inspired grill burger.
Greek Pimiento Burgers
Calories 191, Protein 18g, Total Carbs 5g, Fat 11g
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
Serves: 6 as burgers, 12 as sliders
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded cucumber
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Kalamata olives, chopped
- Baby spinach
- Tomato slices
- Zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick and grilled lightly to use as a “bun”
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Combine the ground beef, feta, pimiento, salt, pepper, and coriander until well mixed.
- Form into 6 patties or 12 sliders depending on the size of your “buns.”
- Grill about 4-5 minutes per side until desired doneness.
- While burgers are cooking, stir together the yogurt sauce ingredients and prepare additional toppings.
- Grill zucchini about 2-3 minutes per side so they are still firm.
- Assemble burger with toppings and cucumber yogurt sauce to serve.